Tim College, Nicholas Hohman, Jon Russell, Nick Conti, Leah Hohman-Esser, Corry Drake, Mark Hohman - Brewer's Row!
Wednesday evening, November 8th - with Paul Tabachneck - at The Funhouse at Mr. Smalls. Doors at 6:00; Music at 7:00!
You North-of-the-Rivers folks are getting a little extra edge this Autumn, but don't let a bridge or two keep anyone away. We love you all! Here's what's coming up as the weather (presumably) cools...
- Saturday, September 30th, 7:00 - Wigle Whiskey Barrelhouse - 1055 Spring Garden Ave., Spring Garden (15212) - Apple Whiskey Weekend at the Barrelhouse!
- Saturday, October 7th, 5:00 - City Folk II - Rickenbach St., Spring Garden (15212) - With Emily Rodgers and Ben Trickey!
- Friday, October 20th, 7:00 - Wigle Threadbare Cider House - 1291 Spring Garden Ave., Spring Garden (15212) - Opening night at the brand new cider house!
- Wednesday, November 8th, 7:00 - Mr. Smalls Funhouse - 400 Lincoln Ave., Millvale (15209) - Paul Tabachneck vinal release!
- Saturday, 9/9, 7:00 p - Johnny Cash Day - Elks Lodge #339 (Sorry, sold out!)
- Friday, 9/15, 7:00 pm - Millvale Days - Grant Street, Millvale
- Saturday, 9/30 7:00 pm - Wigle Whiskey Barrelhouse - Spring Garden
See here for details.
Come on down to the Wigle Whiskey Barrelhouse and Whiskey Garden today (Saturday, July 15th). There will be free music there (for all ages) from noon until 10:00 PM. We take the stage at 5:00, but don't wait until then to come - there are lots of great acts before and after (and, I must say, during)!
Check out the merch table while you're there. We'll have both our albums for sale, as well as a nice collection of "Brewer's Crow" t-shirts in a couple of colors.
Brewer's Row join Des Moines art-folk artist Dan Tedesco (http://www.dantedesco.com/) and Pittsburgh friend Darin Palilla for another evening of great music and good times. Watch this space for details!
We are delighted to be helping a great cause by providing the musical entertainment for a benefit for the Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy in an event called "Park on Tap", an exclusive beer-tasting featuring Allegheny City Brewing and War Streets Brewery.
See http://www.pittsburghparks.org/events/park-on-tap/ for details.
Friday, March 3rd, Brewer's Row opens its 2017 season, headlining at the Funhouse at Mr. Smalls! Helping us out (and well worth the price of admission themselves) are our good friend, Pittsburgh ex-pat Paul Tabachneck, and Bill and Mike from the legendary slacker-rock collective, Akrasia.
We decided a week before the deadline to enter NPR's Tiny Desk Contest, so Leah, Nicholas, Jon and Mark set up shop in Leah's living room one evening and banged out five or six takes of Nicholas's "It's Funny". Two made the short list, and we posted them on our YouTube channel. Above is the one we chose to submit. You can see the runner-up here.
Check out the lyrics to "It's Funny" here.
An amazing lineup - Dublin's Mark Dignam, New York's Nick Africano, and Brewer's Row, in the fabulously intimate setting of the James Street Gastropub's speakeasy. It's a Wednesday, yes, but we'll get you home before Colbert. This one will be well worth it.
A fundraiser for St. Paul's Nursery School in Mount Lebanon, with music by Brewer's Row, food from Las Chicas Tacos and Franktuary, beer from Insurrection and East End Brewing, raffle and live auction. Tickets are $45 in advance and $55 at the door. Ticket price includes $10 food truck credit and unlimited drinks.